Sunday, July 7, 2013

Missions-Count The Cost.

I know that some people think that being involved in missions is always great fun and always an awesome adventure! Let me be the first to tell you that while it is amazing to see God working all around the world, there always comes a cost. Generally (for us) it is missing out on things at home. Every year without a doubt we miss out on people from out of town being around, awesome events that take place or even just being able to spend summer at home.

Yesterday two very dear people to me became husband and wife.  
 A very joyous day indeed but also sad as we are here on the other side of the ocean missing out on the smiles and beauty of what was taking place.

Coming overseas this year was kind of bittersweet for many reasons. Among those reasons was missing this wedding. It has really been a lesson in learning obedience to the Lord. Sometimes awesome things like weddings or once in a life time events happen and you just aren't supposed to be part of them. 
Wow. How humbling is that?

We knew looooooong before we even came over here that what it really boiled down to was that if we didn't come to Ukraine there would not be a leader and that would mean there would be no Bible Camp for the children. It almost felt like having to choose between family and ministry. Difficult, hhhmm yes.
We willingly with joy came over this summer and are so glad that we did.

I write this not for pity but truly because I see this as a lesson in my own life regarding sacrifice. God doesn't always allow us to have things our way, to serve Him and to have the things we want. Sometimes there really is a choice laid before us to choose His way, even though it may be a bit more difficult or the easy way which produces no fruit in our life. 

I have really had to really reevaluated "what does it mean to count the cost?"

You never know how God will use your obedience or what he is trying to work out in you. Obedience doesn't come easy and as a mama I am learning that just as I would like my son to practice first time obedience with me my heavenly Father wants me to obey Him the same. I must trust Him even with the circumstances that I don't understand.
God always has a plan. 
He IS faithful.

I encourage those of you reading to obey God no matter the cost because you just never know what it will be used for!!

So I pray for my dearly beloved friends to have a blessed marriage that would 
leave the fragrance of Jesus Christ everywhere they go. 
That they too would obey the Lord in whatever manner 
He calls with a joyous heart that is pleasing unto God.
 You are loved.
You are special.
 You will do amazing things through the power and strength of Jesus Christ.
-Nichole


1 comment:

  1. wow what a writing..you are very special and always have been. now to have special kiddos ..time is ticking and soon you will be back home.Hopefully to rest. Miss you guys ..kkhh xoxoxo to all

    ReplyDelete