Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dasvidanya

Departing from a mission trip can be a little bittersweet.

You come together not knowing much about one another or the place you will be serving in. The jet lag and heat (here in Ukraine) you experience at the beginning makes you irritable and probably question why you even decided to go on the trip. However, once you get a little settled in, meet your new room mates, taste a little of the culture...you start to become a family. A family who is laboring over one common goal, "Jesus Christ".

We had a great team this year. It was refreshing to have a team that was flexible, did not complain, rolled with the punches and truly had joy for what they were doing.

This year as we pulled away from Petrodolina I cried. I think for the first time I really felt like I was leaving a little piece of who I am there...or maybe its that a little piece of Ukraine was coming with me...I'm not sure. What I do know is that it is not us saying "Goodbye" to Ukraine but "Dasvidanya" which means "until we meet again".

-Nichole
Our last team debriefing

The bus ride back to Odessa

Saying our "Goodbyes" before getting on the bus

No comments:

Post a Comment